RootBone Bio Summary
RootBone is a recently formed group of stellar musicians that collectively share numerous Juno and Maple Blues Awards. RootBone is the creation of songwriting team Darran Poole (guitar and lead vocals) and Bobbi Richards (percussion and vocals). To round out the band they brought in veteran musicians Bob “Omar” Tunnoch on fretless bass (Fathead,John Lee Hooker, Etta James and Paul Butterfield) and Jim Casson on drums (Downchild Blues Band, Sue Foley, Michael Buble, Dutch Mason).
- “This is world-class music from world-class performers.” (Hamilton B. Lous – Hamilton Blues Lovers)
- “Poole’s double chorus guitar solo screamed, “sit up dude, you’re in for a listen! . . . original songs that tout the full range of roots blues textures and grooves. Nothing ever gets boring. . . Kudos to the production team and arrangers [Darran Poole] for creating interest and variety all throughout the album.” ( Glen Brown – Greater Hamilton Musician)
- “The Long Road Home has character before you even press play . .you can feel the influence of many different genres bleeding into each chord, each song. You have rock, with some obvious blues done with perfection. RootBone has definitely made their mark on the music scene with their first album release The Long Road Home. “ (Heather Young – Canadian Beats )
- “Poole’s decision to step up front is a welcome one indeed, he has a warm, expressive voice and he has some very good songs to work with that he & Richards wrote.” (John Valenteyn – Toronto Blues Society)
- “Guitarist Darran Poole is a marvel of craft and taste, every note razor-sharp and delivered with carefully considered precision.” (John Taylor – Canadian Blues)